Weekly Wrap-Up: March 26-April 1

It was a difficult week, as you can imagine, and tiring, but I think we gave my Uncle a good sendoff, and the running went fairly well.

Also, I don’t do April Fools Day jokes. When I am King, only Google and ThinkGeek will be allowed to do April Fools Day jokes.

Weight Check: Uh, well, I won’t be back home until sometime during the day Monday, which means I won’t be able to weigh in until Tuesday morning, and I don’t want to sit on this post until then (especially considering I now have 3 monthly wrap-up posts to write). I was at 170.2 before I left town last Sunday, March 25. I ate a lot and drank a lot this past week. We’re Irish, that’s how we roll. I’m not looking forward to stepping on the scale Tuesday morning, but at least I’ll have until next Sunday to try to get back down to a reasonable weight.

This Week’s Runs
Day Total Miles
Tuesday 3.11
Wednesday 3.11
Friday 3.11
Saturday 6.01

Total: 15.34 miles

I followed my schedule on Friday and Saturday (OK, Friday was supposed to be 3 miles, but I always need to make it a 5K), and figured I’d get on the treadmill on Tuesday and Wednesday and hopefully get to 5K.

The hotel we stayed in had a decent little fitness center with two treadmills. They also had towels, which is really nice. So on Tuesday, I started at 11:45/mile, and sped up to around 11:19/mile for the last half mile or so. The treadmill is mentally excruciating, but my legs felt fine.

Wednesday, I started at 11:45/mile again, and this time sped up to around 11:08/mile for the last half mile or so, just a hair faster. The treadmill was still mentally excruciating, but my legs still felt fine.

On Friday, I was back outside but in my parents’ neighborhood. It was warm, 63 degrees, and humid, although there was an occasional breeze that felt good. My legs felt fine. I tried to take it somewhat easy with a 6 miler on the schedule for Saturday. I gradually increased the pace over the course of the run before really pushing at the very end.

Saturday was a pleasant surprise.

It was cooler, only 39 degrees, and since I forgot to pack a long sleeved running shirt, it was a little chilly for the first mile or so, but the sun helped. My legs felt OK most of the time. There was a little fatigue on the uphill climbs, and near the end when I really pushed the pace.

I normally don’t like running in my parents’ neighborhood, but this run went really well. For one day, I owned Madison Woods. It’ll probably never happen again, but I’ll enjoy it while I can.

Next week will almost be back to normal. I’ll still be in Greensboro Monday morning, and next weekend I’ll be on call for work. I’d also like to get at least one of my monthly wrap-ups completed.