Weekly Wrap-Up: September 3-9

Things didn’t get better last week. In fact, they got worse. I’ve got an appointment with my physician tomorrow to figure out what the hell is going on. I expect some level of fatigue, but I’m just hitting a wall during my long runs, and it’s happening way earlier than I’ve ever experienced before. Sure, during my marathons it got really freaking hard after about the 20 mile mark, but right now it’s hitting me way before then, and it seems to be getting worse instead of better.

This sucks. If I could drop down to the half, I would, but the NYC Half is a totally separate event in the spring. Good thing the full doesn’t have a time limit.

Oh, and if that wasn’t enough, we might get hit by a hurricane later this week.

So, how has your week been?

Weight Check: 166.0, up exactly 2 pounds from last week. I was a day late on my weigh in. It was just a brain fart. I can’t remember the last time I just completely forgot about a weigh in, but yesterday, I did. Gaining 2 pounds isn’t ideal, but considering everything else, this is pretty low on my list of worries.

This Week’s Runs
Day Scheduled Total Miles
Monday 6 miles easy 6.01
Tuesday 20 minutes easy, 8 x 1 minute uphill hard with 75-90 seconds jog in between, 20 minutes easy 6.01
Wednesday 6 miles easy 6.01
Friday 5 miles easy 5.01
Saturday 14 miles easy 12.01

Total: 35.05 miles

Cutback week? More like setback week.

Monday, the weather was pretty bad. My legs were still a little tired from my previous long run (even if it hadn’t been as long as I had planned). My paces seemed to be a bit random, even considering the hills, but I got through it with a semi-respectable average pace, so I’ll take it.

On Tuesday, the weather still felt like August. My legs felt OK until the last couple of intervals. My paces on the intervals seemed a little inconsistent, but I think it’s mostly because one minute isn’t very long. I walked for about 30 seconds, then jogged for a minute in between. I did push a little harder on the last interval, and it did end up being the fastest one. I walked for about 30 seconds at the beginning of the cool down, then jogged the rest of the time. I extended the cool down a bit to get to 6 miles. Tough workout, but I got through it.

Wednesday, the weather was pretty brutal again. With the hill repeats Tuesday, my legs were tired and my glutes were sore. My pace may have been slow, but it was fairly consistent. It’s a bit disappointing for the last mile to be the slowest, but I got through it.

On Friday, the weather was still pretty terrible. My legs weren’t quite 100%, but they weren’t too bad. I was a little slow, but I didn’t want to push it, since I was really hoping for a good long run on Saturday. I survived.

Saturday was…not good.

Well, I ran slowly for 10 miles, and I still got too tired to go more than 12 miles. Like I said earlier, I feel like it’s getting worse instead of better, and that’s the main reason why I decided I need to see my physician.

I really hope he can figure out what’s going on.

This is the part where I normally talk about the upcoming week, but between my appointment and the hurricane, I have no clue what will happen. Wait and see, I guess.